Monday, January 20, 2014

Hello and Welcome to Seniors Helping Animal Rescues Everywhere. Many of you have been volunteers for animal rescues for many years, however many of you have not. The reason for this blog is to introduce those who are unfamiliar with animal rescue to all of the important positions available for you to become a volunteer for in your community. Senior Citizens who are retired have the luxury of free time and the desire to be needed. You have  a vast array of experience in endless areas, so why not SHARE the wealth? Animal rescue is your answer.

I will not make this a lengthy blog, as it is the first and an introductory. If anyone has questions please post them here or you can email me directly at dennislubrano@gmail.com. Every state has a directory online with all the animal rescues that are located there.

I have several Facebook pages created for animal rescue in cities and states where my wife, Juanilla and I have resided over the years,which are hot linked to the right of this column.

Anyone who is not familiar with BFAS ( Best Friends Animal Society ) I encourage you to go to their homepage for an experience in animal rescue you will never forget. http://bestfriends.org

Many of the entries on this page will feature informational resources helpful to those of you who have animals in your homes so please feel free to share these with other animal lovers.

Happy Animal Rescue everyone!



1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! I can't tell you how many seniors that I have had the privilege to meet along the way who have contributed so much to the rescue world. At the recent fly out of dogs from LA County Euth Lists to awaiting rescues and families in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana, watching a senior blessing each and every dog as they boarded the planes brought tears to my eyes. Seniors can offer so much. Walks, talks and belly rubs. And so much more. Thanks, Dennis. I hope to contribute as much as I can and bring my fellow rescuers into the mix!!!

    ReplyDelete